Check your brushes! If you can’t remember the last time you’ve cleaned them, you’ve likely found the culprit. Bacteria love to hide and accumulate in the gunk that gets left in them!
And do you really want to transfer that ish onto your face?
If your answer is no, you better believe that washing your brushes regularly is just as important as washing your face! And, in doing so you’re actually extending the life of your dear brushes! Especially if you’re working towards stepping your brush game up. Side note: You just get what you pay for!
Now it took some time for me to learn this, but once I added this to my weekly ‘to-do’ list, I noticed a major change whenever I had to beat my whole face. I clean my brushes weekly, and after every full face beat.
Here are a few tips to clean your beloved brushes, and you don’t have to use expensive brush wash, feel free to use baby shampoo!
- Rinse your brushes (bristles down) under warm water.
- Try not to get too much water inside the brush as it can loosen the glue that holds them in place!
- Put a small amount of shampoo in the palm of your hand and whisk the brush in your hand until the lather is white.
- Rinse again (pointing down)
- Squeeze out the excess water and lay them flat to dry overnight and voilà!
Your brushes are good as new, and your face will thank you for it!
When was the last time you washed your brushes?